cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from BT to EE - Smart Hub Plus

swarrin
Explorer

I recently placed an order to move from BT to EE - I specifically wanted to do this to access new router technology such as WiFi 6 and smart controls in the Smart Hub plus.

I was advised at the point of order that I would get this equipment, but now that my services have been activated I have been told that that's not true and I have to use my BT Smart Hub 2.

I have been passed from pillar to post with no joy in trying to get this remedied.

Has anyone else moved over from BT and had new equipment? I have access to the EE app but obviously not the smart controls, so it all seems a bit strange.

Any advice appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Oh, @Meridius , you mean the recent restructuring within the BT Group, with EE being the consumer arm & BT being the commercial arm.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Meridius
Investigator
Investigator

@swarrin

nope I had the same problem. The gaming mode also only works with the new hub and you need to pay an extra £5 or £10. I can not remember. So I said I would take it but guess what I could not have it as the system would not allow it because I did not have the new hub which they can not send me as the system knows I was ported over from bt. 

the whole thing is a joke and a mess. There is nothing in there website to inform bt customers that u will not be able to have such features and not only that you should be able to use these features regardless. There false advertising I am debating to contact some sort of body that deals with company’s like this. 

dikul51
Visitor

My BT contract was up for renewal so I rang to negotiate a better price (it happens every time renewal is due) and was sold EE broadband with the Smart Hub Plus and Smart Hybrid Connect, together with a Digital Voice adaptor, all of which arrived and broadband is now working  fine as of yesterday(activation date 22 January).  I don’t think Digital Voice is sorted yet as the phone is still plugged into the master socket.  However, I have no control over the WiFi and as yet I cannot see my bill because the app is broken.

Gail611
Visitor

I placed my order 1st Dec 23 for the same reason. Long story short since then I've had numerous issues to-date & still not yet sorted after speaking with 12 'guides' from all across England, 3 x engineers who were also disappointed when speaking with guides, wrong equipment on 3 x occasions. Excuses being:  wrong order placed by the EE Operator from the onset, wrong hub 3 x times (cable connected from cabinet to house instead of cable to house direct), wrong instructions given to send all equipment back (or be fined £80) as well as an unhelpful disrespectful rude guide during my last call made on 15th Jan 24 to which I asked (twice) to speak to his manager, and was not successful!. On getting no further forward over 6wks I was forced to submit a formal complaint through their so-called 'web form' which didnt work either & was consistently rejected as it was to be no more than 500 words (it was 390) & finally l was forced to write & post a letter 20th Jan (paying £7.35) to be tracked & signed for on receipt, just to ensure my complaint would be acted upon. As yet I have still had no response... having being with BT for decades I can honestly say this is the worst customer service & provider I have ever dealt with ! I will be switching back as soon as possible !

"and to the ones saying I might go back to bt why ? Because in the next couple of years you will just get moved back to ee as bt are moving all residents to ee and business are staying u see the bt umbrell"

Hopefully, by the time we are forced to move from BT to EE, the shambles that EE broadband services seem to be will have been sorted out.

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

"...by the time we are forced to move from BT to EE, the shambles that EE broadband services seem to be will have been sorted out."

Exactly! We are currently being used as beta testers, because it's clear that proper testing was done prior to launch of "new" EE services. They are just not ready for prime time. And I can't understand why: BT/EE ran the longest trial imaginable for faster speeds and new hardware, which is one of the reasons that those companies lag behind in speed stakes over other cable providers and the rest of the world. 

hemmo888
Visitor

Just thought I would bring this "old" thread back because 3 months later it still seems to be happening.  This week I chose to upgrade from BT to EE at a higher speed and was promised on the phone call the latest EE Smart Hub plus.  Then on activation there was no mention of a router so I followed up and was told I have to stay on my old router and if unhappy I could exercise my 14 day cooling off period.  Not being too happy with that I called to make a complaint to be told the same, but to be fair they then offered to send a new router, but couldn't guarantee what would be in the box!  

I will need to wait and see but it might be the same as my old router....

They even tried telling me SH Plus is not compatible but rowed back on that when I reminded them their online promotion states that the service I signed up to comes with SH Plus.   It is bizarre that they can still be doing this when it has clearly caused so many complaints.

If my inconsistent speeds and poor wifi coverage all go away then I can let this go but will need to find out in the coming weeks.

Several decades ago,  the Telecoms market was opened up to break BT's monopoly but now we are back to square one again - they can do as they choose and tell customers what they want, there is no-where else to go.