LOS Red Light

Neverknow
Explorer

Hello all!

Yesterday I got finished my external area from my new package of fibre 500max. first was done internal area and after outside. Right now my OTN have red light on LOS. Should I contact engineer to came back or I should wait ?

thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Only call CS if your "go live" date has passed; otherwise wait for it.

Has it ever worked? 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Engineer from Openreach come on Monday to do installation in my house, but after he realise installation outside was not completed. He raised a job to openreach and come to finished. Yesterday engineer come to finishing installation outside. But after that I was thinking everything is done and I turn on OTN modem and LOS come out with a red light. I don’t know if they need to something else at my home or outside. 

@Neverknow  Have EE told you the service is live yet?

Have you got a confirmed live date from them?

I'm not asking about OR & the work they did on your premises. You have no contract with them. Your contract is with EE who would have sent you a Service Starts date by email. Until that date has passed (beyond midnight) you can not expect your BB to be up & running. Thereafter you report any faults to CS.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi im new to ee my live date was yesterday but my los light is still red can anyone help me please   thank you 

@Christinafegan3   it sounds like Openreach still have work to do on your connection. Have EE sent notification that your service is meant to be live?