Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrating Experience Switching from BT to EE 1.6 GB - Need Advice

ABehiry
Investigator
Investigator

Hello Everyone,

I recently encountered a series of frustrating issues while attempting to switch my broadband service from BT (900 fiber) to EE. Here's a summary of my ordeal:

1. Initial Order with EE: After signing up for EE, everything initially appeared smooth. I received the router and awaited service activation, which never occurred. Upon contacting customer service, I was informed that my order was "stuck." They advised canceling and waiting 24 hours to place a new order.

2. Placing a New Order: After a couple of days without resolution, I created a new account and placed another order. Again, I received a router, but service activation failed to materialize. Meanwhile, my BT service was unexpectedly terminated without the new EE service being activated.

3. Billing Issues and Account Confusion: Despite no service activation, EE billed me for service on the first account, claiming it was "up and running." Repeated calls to customer support yielded conflicting information with no resolution in sight.

4. BT and EE Account Status: BT confirmed my ongoing service, only to then cancel my account, preventing any further login. Concurrently, EE was attempting to resolve issues on my first account but then deleted it without notice. My second EE account now indicates an "active" service (which I have been billed for again) despite the service not being activated as promised by March 18th.

5. Inconsistent Communication: Adding to the confusion, I received a congratulatory email from EE welcoming me to their service, despite the unresolved issues.

I've been in a constant loop of calls with customer support for a week now , receiving varied and unhelpful responses. Has anyone else faced similar issues? Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ABehiry I'm so sorry about the problems you've experienced with your order. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the community support team and we'll be happy to chase this up for you.

Thanks

Neil

Thank you Neil. I've replied to your message

ABehiry
Investigator
Investigator

Today I finally got an engineer from EE to visit me to check the problem.. after requesting this for a week and customer support telling me it's not possible.. 

and guess what.. I still have no internet because the engineer couldn't figure out what's the problem as everything seems fine .. but there's no connection.. 

and the funny thing.. is that right after the engineer left.. I got an email telling me that the case has been closed as it has been solved!

ABehiry
Investigator
Investigator

after two weeks with no internet , during which I was unable to work as I work from home, it's irrational to continue like this.. I've given up and I'm moving to another service provider.