Financial Loss

Pettit1988
Visitor

Hi, 

so recently, I called BT to see if they have a device where I can use WiFi when I’m on the move to save having to use hotspot on my phone. 

the agent told me that this was possible for £13 extra a month and I would also have a few additional benefits (which isn’t really a benefit as my line is restricted as no fibre yet installed etc) as this sounded perfect, I went ahead with the upgrade. 

a couple of days later I realised that I’d been moved to EE and I got sent all new routers etc but no device. I called BT/EE (now merged) to ask where my device was and was informed there no such thing. 

After hours on the phone with multiple people, I’ve been repeatedly told, even tho I’m in my cooling off period, that I cannot have my old deal back. I explained that I was miss sold this “move to EE” and that I just want back what I already had or like for like. My only way out is to cancel (which I worry will trigger fees due to my original contract with BT) or just pay £13 more a month (which is actually £16 as they added another £3 for phone calls which I don’t have a landline) but surely under the consumer rights act, I should be given what I already had and compensated with any losses. 

I don’t understand how this is even possible and how EE/BT are getting away with it. I’ve been told on numerous occasions, I’ll get a call back but I don’t and I raise a complaint, and they even get closed down. I feel like it’s a bad dream as it seems unreal what is happening. 

the only reason I want to stay with BT/EE is because I already have invested in my own repeaters that are only compatible with their modem which puts me in a bigger financial loss if I leave. But principle has to come in to play here and I feel my only option now is the comms ombudsman 

0 REPLIES 0