Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE not actually Full Fibre?

TILL_pt
Investigator
Investigator

I upgraded my Fiber to EE Full Fiber.

Thinking I would finally get a fibre signal up to my apartment instead of the out 10-year outdated  "Fiber to the ground floor and then copper wire up"

To my surprise today I received a smart router and I'm expected to plug it in and "here you go full fibre"

Can someone explain to me what is going on in here?

Thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You pics were waiting for approval, I have done that now and they will appear shortly.

Yes, 1 is the ONT, as you say it is already installed, so yes it is full fibre.

Not sure if you will get an Openreach engineer on the day, but you should be told when the ONT is ready.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@TILL_pt  welcome to the forum.

Full Fibre is not available to all addresses yet, some may never get it. What makes you think you were going to get it?

If you enter your phone number into the BTW DSL checker it will show what you can get - use your address if you don't have a phone number.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL 

Post the results here, making sure you hide your number/address.

2 things make me believe I would get it

- I bought FULL FIBER
- I did the checker and it says it was available and so did everyone involved

Otherwise why would I have "upgraded" ?

So have you been given an install date?

Openreach should come and install an ONT, for you to connect the new hub.

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @TILL_pt ,

Please see the below link for the official information for how Full Fibre/FTTP will be installed.

Obviously, there may be complications installing to higher floors but you would hope OpenReach has planned for such situations. For example, there is no advantage using optical over electrical connections over short distances such as within a property or between floors.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/broadband-and-landline/home-broadband/full-fibre-installation

Below are certain of the key points.

Someone will need to let the engineer know where to install your connection. The engineer will then get to work. Installation can take up to three hours and the engineer will need to work both inside and outside your home.

How is FTTP installed?
  1. You’ll agree on how to get the connection into the home with the engineer
  2. The engineer will drill a hole from the outside of the property for the Full Fibre cable
-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Ok Ok... I stand Corrected!

Aparently last time an engineer was in (1 year ago) fiber was installed up to the property 

Please see Below:

Now the question is where should I connect my Router? as I have an entire collection of Sockets - 5 in total.

I would think my best bet is connecting to number 1 right?

1.png

2.png

why are my photos not showing?

You pics were waiting for approval, I have done that now and they will appear shortly.

Yes, 1 is the ONT, as you say it is already installed, so yes it is full fibre.

Not sure if you will get an Openreach engineer on the day, but you should be told when the ONT is ready.

1.png

2.png

Hi @TILL_pt ,

Varies by ONT, Port 1 or LAN1 most likely.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/whats-an-openreach-modem-ont

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net