Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE not actually Full Fibre?

TILL_pt
Investigator
Investigator

I upgraded my Fiber to EE Full Fiber.

Thinking I would finally get a fibre signal up to my apartment instead of the out 10-year outdated  "Fiber to the ground floor and then copper wire up"

To my surprise today I received a smart router and I'm expected to plug it in and "here you go full fibre"

Can someone explain to me what is going on in here?

Thank you

24 REPLIES 24

Ray - my current BB is actually connected to a dangling socket at the end of Cable 5.

Before I had it connected to socket 4 but last time an engineer came by he decided to connect that beautiful cable along my living room to the back of the TV (where cable 4 also connected to the router)

Mustrum
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@TILL_pt no worries, happy to help.

Sometimes q's and answers just click 😉

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Is that photo of your part of the property or of a communal area on the ground floor? It could be that all those extensions (I count at least 4) behind socket 4 could be serving other occupants.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

That was a naughty engineer 😞 .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Mustrum
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

A guess - was it a Sky engineer?

Would not expect an Openreach engineer to do that!