Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE SmartHub with BT discs or Orbi

westham
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all, 

Have switched to EE for broadband (70mb) and was told during the call the BT discs would works - turns out the black ones I have will not so, unless there is a solution, I am considering options to improve Wi-Fi. My options (using existing kit) are as follows - which would be better please?

1. Replace EE SmartHub with DrayTek Vigorous 2860ac and use Orbi RBK50 option or

2. Use EE SmartHub with Orbi

I have tried option 2 but can’t get it to connect to internet. Have seen some fixes where you input the EE username and password but found other comments saying Double NAT can be an issue (use Xbox). Any advice please for the best solution here? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

For both option 1 and 2 you would need to set the Orbi as an Access Point, with the smarthub/draytek as the router. No need to enter username or password in the orbi, unless you use a modem or router set to modem only.

Thanks for this which has helped. Took some research to find that you need to access the settings via an IP address rather than the app but once there it was simple to change. Wi-Fi has certainly improved.

Missing the compactness of the BT disc but otherwise all good