cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE APP CRASHES EE BROADBAND

Wombat1803
Contributor
Contributor

Every time I go into Wi-Fi controls on the EE app, it makes my fibre broadband crash and reboot if I don’t use the app, the broadband stays on, using iPhone 15 pro max running iOS 17.4

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John-C
EE Community Support Team

Hi All, please download the latest version of the app, v5.33 from the App store which is now available to all IOS devices. This will resolve the issue.

Cheers

John

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

What are the exact steps you're taking to trigger this? i.e. what are you clicking on in the app, and when do things go awry?

Does it happen 100% of the time?

What are the symtpoms of the crash reboot? e.g. what do the LEDs on the hub do and does the situation recover if left alone?

It happens when going into manage my broadband when you can see all of your hubs and particularly if you do a speed test the Internet just crashes and everything reboots and comes back on on its own within a few minutes if you’re not using the app to do those things Everything runs fine LEDs do their usual flashing Amber and then back to Aqua and it happens every time at the moment for the past few days

When I run a speed test as well my speed has dropped from about 60 Mb per second down to 50

Forgot to say when going into Wi-Fi controls is where it happens

Just tried it again it is when I click on smart hub plus you can go in and see what devices are connected that is when the crash happens

PaulC1878
Investigator
Investigator

This happens to me. Every time I go to manage internet of undertake a speed test the internet crashes 

Interesting, I have the same issue - I just want to see uptime on Wi-Fi controls within app and the line cuts off shortly after

my line has a fault apparently, and I get broadband drop outs randomly as well without touching the app, but would be interesting to unlink the router to the app to see if this helps with the dropouts. Bit silly but EE seem to be messing up a lot recently so wouldn’t surprise me if some scenarios keeping the router linked to the app makes reliability worse

Well at least I know I’m not the only one maybe a software fault hopefully it will get rectified. I hope that doesn’t take too long.

PaulC1878
Investigator
Investigator

Update from me. Called EE and external fault detected externally so engineer visit arranged. Very helpful on phone and let’s hope situation corrected when engineer does what is required