cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE APP CRASHES EE BROADBAND

Wombat1803
Contributor
Contributor

Every time I go into Wi-Fi controls on the EE app, it makes my fibre broadband crash and reboot if I don’t use the app, the broadband stays on, using iPhone 15 pro max running iOS 17.4

25 REPLIES 25

I have an open reach engineer booked for tomorrow however as of this morning after the app was updated yesterday and maintenance overnight my speed is now gone from 50 Mb to 54 and the app is working normal and no longer crashes the router so hopefully they’re starting to sort the problem out

John-C
EE Community Support Team

Hi All, please download the latest version of the app, v5.33 from the App store which is now available to all IOS devices. This will resolve the issue.

Cheers

John

F8talfury
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Had the same issue and yep the new app version seems to stop that one.  Now @John-C  if only the team could sort out the following issues as well,  1) Smart wifi extenders reconnecting causing the router to crash and reboot.  2) Smart wifi connectors not actually routing internet traffic despite showing online (restart of them sorts that but crashes the router if your lucky).  3) Smart Hybrid connect - actually should be called not smart hybrid,  very rarely connects if at all when you get a line failure more often than not the router crashes reboots and by the time you've messed to recover the smart wifi you're back online. (have an open line fault with open reach since 2nd Jan (according to the guides) and it can't be chased,  I suspect its closed on the open-reach side but as the systems don't seem to like updating properly its still flagged open in one of the ee systems.

I suppose fixing one out of 4 issues after the service has been sold / live for 6 months isn't bad.   Just a shame product trials and testing seems to now be non existent with the new EE products and what was a fairly good product all be it the tech getting a bit old with the smarthub2, complete wifi and old hybrid has been turned into this mess. 

6 month's in tbh I wish I'd never moved.  well actually moved to another supplier would have probably been a better idea.

PaulC1878
Investigator
Investigator

I have deleted and downloaded the app again and I have not experienced any of the previous issues. Took 15 mins for the hub to update however try this as it’s fixed my problems 👍

Daniel-S
EE Community Support Team

Hi @F8talfury,

I'm going to send you a private message so we can feed back the issues that you're experiencing and also work out what's causing them. There could be an issue with your device which is something we will check.

Thank you

Daniel-S

F8talfury
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks I've replied to the PM.