cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE APP CRASHES EE BROADBAND

Wombat1803
Contributor
Contributor

Every time I go into Wi-Fi controls on the EE app, it makes my fibre broadband crash and reboot if I don’t use the app, the broadband stays on, using iPhone 15 pro max running iOS 17.4

25 REPLIES 25
Bravius
Investigator
Investigator

I'm getting the same issue here. Let me know how the engineer visit goes and if it fixes it. It seams to be a issue with the hub though not the actual line in itself.

After a full factory reset of smart hub plus by an ee agent the app is no longer crashing the connection but my speed is still low so engineer coming out on Wednesday 

TuckerUK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

+1 this is happening to me also. After the EE app update 6 days ago version “5.32.0”  I was in contact with the TMC team last week. A new Smart Hub Plus has arrived Saturday waiting for the TMC team to phone me tomorrow morning at 10am to set it up. I also have a iPhone 15 Pro Max that was running the previous iOS update before 17.4 before updating this morning. The crashes happened on both versions. I’ll update what happens tomorrow morning if the new Hub solves the issues. 

Guys, I have been seeing the same issue since the last update to the App.  I was able to replicate it a couple times but have not tried again as we get our TV via streaming services only.

I do not believe that this is related to line faults.

TuckerUK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Update from today’s TMC scheduled callback. New router up and running same issues with the EE app rebooting the connection every single time without fail. Plus I’m still getting errors and I’m not connected to the WiFi that’s been ongoing since October when I joined. We tried everything when on the call to no avail. I have it now on my account with the TMC team in writing that I’m now free to leave free of charge to a new ISP. I’m currently under them and have a callback in a week’s time to update them on what I’ve decided. But I made it perfectly clear on the call I would be looking for a new ISP asap. As the gentleman I spoke to couldn’t give me a timeframe when the EE app would be fixed 100%. I said I wasn’t prepared to potentially wait 1/3/6 months for this to get fixed completely. After having so many issues with the app since I joined last October. So I signed up to Zzoomm today 1gig connection, it being installed on Thursday 14th 2 days time. It’s a shame it’s come to this as the physical connection coming into the house is completely fine. But I’ve had enough of the problems with the new EE app and made that perfectly clear to them on the phone. 

Engineer didn’t turn up! Further investigation ongoing and awaiting further call at weekend. I also advised that this was a topic on this forum. Will update date when further information available 

Robbie-Mac
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Wombat1803 @Bravius  @TuckerUK @nelix01 @PaulC1878 

Thanks for all your posts.

I am sorry for the problems you guys are having when using the MyEE app.  I have sent each of you a private message so that you can get in touch with us directly and we'll look into this for you.

Thanks,

Robbie

Hi, I have responded directly with the details requested 

nelix01
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Robbie, I have replied to your DM.

PaulC1878
Investigator
Investigator

I have received a call from customer services in Cardiff and been advised this is an app issue rather than  an equipment / connection problem. They are aware of the problem and an app update is needed however no eta available. My service is stable apart from when using the app for speed tests or managing devices when the hub re boots. I will await the app fix however slightly frustrating that at the moment unable to manage devices. I would suggest that if you have this issue that you report as I would expect this will initiate a speedier fix