Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Voice issues

JonnyManc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Recently migrated from another isp for my fttp 500mb with digital Voice.

Fttp is working great, but having issues with maintaining digital Voice.

After a couple of weeks faffing, I got it sorted (registering phone etc) at it was ok, but this week callers can't hear me, nor can I hear them.... The phone rings and there is a dial tone.....

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@JonnyManc   other than resetting the router and phones I would suggest giving the Broadband Care Team a call.

https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/technical-support/broadband-landline 

Roger84
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem with the  X63_BT_HW0.3 BT handsets.

I migrated from BT to EE, having had a flawless service with my old BT Home Hub 2.

Resetting the hub fixes the problem but it reoccurs and has we now have experience of the audio dropping mid call but the call still being connected.

No solution yet but it has been elevated in EE.

PH36
Investigator
Investigator

I had this exact problem after moving to EE from BT around the same time as you switched where callers can't hear me nor can I hear then and spent several hours with help line over several weeks trying to sort it out.  Reset would temporarily fix.  We also tried different replacement handsets.  In the end EE sent me a replacement router.  That has solved the problem.  They told me it wasn't a known problem but it looks like others are having it.

Don't know what they hace done but after the fault was elevated i had an automated text to say that the fault was fixed.

Has been working properly for 6 days now.

JonnyManc
Contributor
Contributor

Forgot to confirm that the reboot resolved the issue, but only temporarily.

Its happened twice since the original issue...and while a reboot has resolved it, it would be nice if there was a perma-fix?!

Perhaps even the capability to schedule a router reboot every 1/2 weeks......??

.......and the fault returns

robjouk
Investigator
Investigator

I have the same issue, have to restart the router every week to solve it.

PH36
Investigator
Investigator

14 days now and not had a problem since EE changed the new router for an even newer router.  Not had to reset router since!  Before it was happening every few days between resets.

Seems to be the only permanent fix.

Is your service still working properly with the new router or has the fault re-ocurred?