CPI plus 3.9%

Colhew
Investigator
Investigator
Dear EE,

Please can you tell me the percentage increase applied to my broadband bill please. The illustration given in your CPI +3.9% email is unhelpful as it refers to a bill much lower than mine.
Why can't I find this information on My EE or any information on the cost of my current tariff?
It's poor practice to have a direct debit authority without informing the customer of their actual tariff cost and the actual total cost of an anachronistic, above inflation increases in tariff. How do I find out how MY charge will change, in money terms (not opaque illustrations or unstated CPI + 3.9%) after the increase?
Why do you make this info so difficult to find?
6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Colhew   The increase is 14.4% so it’s your monthly cost plus 14.4%     The cost of your current tariff is on your bill for your broadband.  

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Colhew 

Please read here:

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/billing-usage-and-top-up/price-increase/price-increase

You would have received a text and email notifying you about the increase like everyone else.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

It would be far more convenient to have this information in the email instead of logging in to MyEE, looking for my tariff information (name of tariff shown but no price no indication of new price and no account number), then downloading a pdf, looking up the value of CPI, adding the unjustifiable 3.9% and then calculating the increased cost and wonder of this includes or excludes vat.

Thanks for your reply, but it shouldn't really be necessary to have to do all this to find out how much the tariff will increase. The comms should be in plain English and state the facts, not hide behind selective figures showing 3.9% and referring to the majority of the increase as an unquoted CPI figure. Also why oh why is it so tedious to find out information about my account (like my landline number (I don't have a landline, but need a landline number to make a query) account number) without clicking through screens and screens of myEE. The lack of clarity and ease of use with everything EE is appalling.

Yes. I got the email like everyone else. It was the email that made me look further.  The email hid the value of the increase by saying 3.9% plus CPI. Why not just say 14.4% and tell me the increase in tariff rather than an illustrated increase on a £29 tariff?

Why is it necessary to look up CPI, click through screens of myEE with poorly detailed summaries of accounts (but no prices), download a bill, and then calculate a 14.4% increase. This information should be up front and explicit and tailored to each customer's account. If gas energy companies can do this, why can't broadband companies? 

On my email they told me exactly how much my plan would be going up by so not sure why yours doesn’t show this.

G Alston
iPhone 15 Pro Max

If you look at your last bill you will see your current price before this increase. 

In the article that @Northerner linked there is a CPI+3.9% Calculator into which you can feed this current price & it will give you the new price. There is no need for you to look up the rate of CPI in Dec.

As far as the DD is concerned, when your next bill is due EE will send you an email saying it is ready & how much it is to be. This is in accordance with the DD Guarantee.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)