cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Digital Voice

AnneMackay
Investigator
Investigator

BT keep contacting me to arrange to install new equipment for Digital Voice. All my contracts - ie mobile, landline and broadband - are all with EE. Is this legit?  ‘Thank you

16 REPLIES 16
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AnneMackay,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

How were you contacted?

Have you recently made any changes to your Home Broadband or phone plan?

James

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You sure it's BT? I have landline only with BT & I would expect we'd be the 1st group to be contacted about DV.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I think so. They have texted and phoned and the mobile number which appears is one of the listed BT ones … 

Yes James. We renewed all the plans yesterday- they are my mums. But they are all EE 

They texted and phoned 

James_B

Hi @AnneMackay,

If you've switched to a service that requires new equipment, it's nothing to worry about.

Openreach will be contacting you to arrange the installation.

James

We hadn’t switched service. Everything is the same as before. Just a revised price. We are to get speedier broadband for the first month …

James_B

Hi @AnneMackay,

If an engineer visit is required, it sounds like you are being switched to a full fibre product.

What is the name of the plan on your confirmation email?

James

Thanks James. We never received a confirmation email. We are signed into our EE account and the broadband plan says Fibre Plus Broadband with landline. Thank you.