cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to order Busiest Home Bundle (3 Months)

Daniel60
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Been trying to add EE Broadband for 3 months to my current EE account (sim only; mobile), 62 calls to EE via Relay UK, 11 hours total on Hold Music no joy. EE/BT sales rep happened to randomly go door to door on Monday explaining they're in the area doing upgrades removing copper and replacing with fibre, so I explained I've been trying to join but the issues and he happily helped me order (via his tablet device).

So I signed up for EE on Monday via said rep 1.6gbps explained I want a second line NOT take over Sky* [I’d like to keep my current broadband connection alongside a new full fibre service, and I am aware that I’ll need to cancel my existing broadband service with my current provider.] option chosen, Openreach said this is easy, no charge, EE STILL contacted Sky and told them they're taking over my services.

Rang to cancel, EE can't find my order, my order ref, account number or booking ref of my engineer visiting on Tue 28th but found the Sim upgrade which was ordered along side my EE Broadband (couldn't discount 1.6Gbps due to it's too new service so sales rep discounted my sim only instead).

EE then said it's cancelled, Sky have no confirmation and still says EE is taking over the line. Told I can't have 1.6gbps now so cancelled, then rang back and informed me I CAN and re-ordered. So far EE have done 4 credit checks against me in 3 days due to agents making mistakes on my orders, cancelling orders then re-ordering services again. Ofcom have informed Sky they can't stop or block EE until 2 days before they're due to takeover.

Now, EE have ordered me "BT 900" which I said I DONT want I want EE (1.6Gbps, Smart WiFi Plus, WiFi Enhancer) but a system glitch changed it to BT mid-order so now when Openreach attend to install on 1st Dec I'm going to have to cancel them and send him away. Then I will have to re-order again which will probably result in a 5th hard search against me.. terrible!

Raised two complaints and email and text both are now resolved/closed, not heard from EE or anything just closed less than 24hours of being opened?!

I've written to EE complaints  via post (6 pages long) so will wait for a reply before I can request a deadlock letter and going to the ombudsman.

* The Sky connection service is NOT mine.

Somebody please. I want to apply for a mortgage soon but these hard searches can't help surely?

6 REPLIES 6
Daniel60
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here! Raised two complaints and email and text both are closed, not heard from EE or anything just closed less than 24hours of being opened.

Signed up for EE on Monday 1.6gbps explained I want a second line NOT take over Sky [I’d like to keep my current broadband connection alongside a new full fibre service, and I am aware that I’ll need to cancel my existing broadband service with my current provider.] option chosen, EE contacted Sky and told them they're taking over my services.

Rang to cancel, EE can't find my order, my order ref, account number or booking ref of my engineer visiting on Tue 28th but found the Sim upgrade which was ordered along side my EE Broadband (couldn't discount 1.6Gbps due to it's too new service so sales rep discounted my sim only instead).

EE then said it's cancelled, Sky have no confirmation and still says EE is taking over the line. Told I can't have 1.6gbps now so cancelled, then rang back and informed me I CAN and re-ordered. So far EE have done 4 credit checks against me in 3 days due to agents making mistakes on my orders, cancelling orders then re-ordering services again. Ofcom have informed Sky they can't stop or block EE until 2 days before they're due to takeover.

Now, EE have ordered me "BT 900" which I said I DONT want I want EE but a system glitch changed it to BT mid-order so now when Openreach attend to install on 1st Dec I'm going to have to cancel them and send him away. Then I will have to re-order again which will probably result in a 5th hard search against me.. terrible!

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Daniel60 

I'm really sorry to read of your experience so far, but I'd like to try and get you some help. I've sent you a private message to get some information from you. Please have a look and get back to me.

Chris

Responded via PM. Can't call though (for reason detailed in my original post).

Daniel60
Contributor
Contributor

Now I’m even more confused!

SMS from EE about an hour ago letting me know I should receive my kit shortly and EE engineer will be with me as scheduled for my 1.6Gbps installation.

Then another text BT will be with me on 1st Dec as scheduled to install my 900 Full Fibre?

rang EE again 13:23 and they can’t find either of my orders and as far as their systems convinced I’ve not ordered anything and only an EE mobile customer.

but they can see my sim upgrade which was bundled with my EE broadband order… 🙄

Dime
Investigator
Investigator

For a comms company this sure looks encouraging. 

Deadlyhifi
Visitor

Appreciate this is an old topic but I’ve been through the exact same experience to the point I thought I might have a second personality. 

ordered 1.6gb. 
it got cancelled for ‘reasons’ on the EE side

opened a new order that turned out to be BT900

got cancelled. 
reordered 1.6gb

they opened for the wrong address - sigh. 

then was told my original order was successful

next day told it wasn’t - and then a new appeared in the system by magic

2 complaints raised - both closed with no actual feedback as to why. I was told that 3 months free has been applied to my order though. The EE portal is broken for seeing progress on the order. Full of bugs. 

The teams are helpful when talking to them but there appears to be a number of gremlins in this ordering service. It shouldn’t be this difficult to order a product. I think it’s so new that not everyone can see all the details. 

Fun. Tho I know will be worth it.