Cancellation

Dazzle10
Contributor
Contributor

I recently moved address and decided to go with EE for my broadband after I was told they pay any outstanding bill from your previous broadband provider (talktalk) I spoke to talktalk and was offered a better deal to stay.so I contacted EE same day as I was told I have 14days to cancel,I tried to cancel but they told me because my contract doesn't start till the 22nd Jan I can't cancel until then and my 14days cancel period doesn't start till that day. Which doesn't make sense if there telling me the t&c and that I'm all signed up but can't cancel until it goes live please can anyone help me 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dazzle10  EE give £50 towards that final bill they never paid it in full for you,  and I don’t think they do this now.    Nothing should be stopped you from having this terminated before it actually is installed.   Providing nothing has been dispatched to you then yes you most definitely can terminate the order.    If the router has already been dispatched then you’ll need to then use the cooling off period to terminate this.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dazzle10  EE give £50 towards that final bill they never paid it in full for you,  and I don’t think they do this now.    Nothing should be stopped you from having this terminated before it actually is installed.   Providing nothing has been dispatched to you then yes you most definitely can terminate the order.    If the router has already been dispatched then you’ll need to then use the cooling off period to terminate this.  

This is what I said to them and why I rang back immediately to cancel and avoid me and them sending router out I was told until it goes live on the 22nd I can't cancel but my talktalk goes live b4 them I was on the phone for hours asking him if it says on the email that it's 14days cancellation from the date it goes active but could I get a straight answer or get across why it makes no sense not to just terminate this now saving so much hassle what's my best plan of action please Chris tbh I was slightly pushed into it as I said let me just spk to talktalk and I will ring back she said we'll it doesn't matter because you have 14days to cancel.  

How long is the cooling off period and it was only yday I spoke to them is it true that my 14day cancellation doesn't start till it goes active or are they trying to screw me over and it was the 19th sorry.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dazzle10 : EE Home Network T&Cs for our Essentials, All Rounder, Full Works and Busiest Home Bundle broadband p... stipulates:

cooling-off period – for your price plan, the period from the date the agreement is made until 14 days after:
  1. the loaned equipment (if any) is delivered;
  2. the service start date; or
  3. the day you receive your order confirmation;

whichever is latest.

The cooling-off period starts from the date the agreement & goes onwards from there. Therefore you are entitled by contract to cancel it FoC any time before going live as well as up to 14 days after.

BTW: EE don't pay any leaving fees from old ISP on the NEW EE BB.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for your advice Chris I managed terminate my contract before it started thank to you.tbf the guy I spoke to was also bewildered to why they didn't just terminate it.so Thanks again chris