cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 hrs of outages

chrisd0407
Contributor
Contributor

IPSWICH IP3 - Had several outages in the last 24hrs. Some sessions lasting no more than 10 mins, the odd one 45 mins. Windows network reset, router reset, checked for viruses, even went VPN for a while to see if my IP was beeing targeted. Any known problems in this location?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chrisd0407
Contributor
Contributor

Last 24hrs. Rock solid connection. I'm guessing it might have been related to my line not coping with data throughput. The router was showing around 50Mbps download sync speed & all the subsequent outages. Now it's been reduced to 42Mbps & a slightly lowered upload sync.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@chrisd0407   are you on full fibre or still on a phone line?

If the latter, is your phone working OK and is the line quiet? Dial 17070 option 2.

Do the lights o the router change when you have these outages?

Have you reported a fault to the Broadband Care Team?

CONTACT EE

Contact us about your broadband and landline

Phone

All our brilliant teams are based in the UK or Ireland.

Calling from EE mobile              150

Free to pay monthly
25p per call on pay as you go

Calling from a landline or another provider            
0330 123 1105

chrisd0407
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mustrum

Am fibre via phone line. Landline okay and the line quiet. No lights on the router other than the one large one on the front which, no surprise, turns red. At the moment this my only report. The network status reports no problems in my area, but then when you continue to report one, you can't get passed its insistance on entering an EE mobile number. Not a service I have. That is something else that needs looking at for customers.

@chrisd0407   that checker is for the mobile network, not landline/broadband.

chrisd0407
Contributor
Contributor

If there's another link where I can continue to report it, please. provide.

@chrisd0407   there is no link, just use the numbers and speak to them.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If it is a neighbourhood issue, you could consult BT Service Status to see if any faults are being attended to in your local area.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
chrisd0407
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to both for your help. So anyone else reading this thread can learn from the process am posting here. The BT Service link is useful as you TEXT it and it automatically runs test, in my case transfered to an EE text number. If you still need service after it does its checks, a text of GUIDE back initiates a call back to your mobile from EE to start analysis. They called me back very quickly & sounded very knowlegable. Sent off two packets of data, one to the modem, and one to my cabinet (didn't know they could do that) & perhaps crucially identified one area of the possible problem was my immediate surroundings was a bit data congested, so put me on another channel. We are giving it 24-hours (it has gone down again while writing this) and provided his personal email so we can pick up tommorrow if need be. Fingers crossed.

** The basic line test then gives a TEXT number to follow up I should have said.

Good morning. 

Is your broadband back up and running? As I woke this morning to find my broadband has gone down without warning.