1.8Gbps FTTP

cliffy37
Contributor
Contributor

I see today EE launched teh 1.8Gbps FTTP home braodnad service (soft launch due to land end of August September) Probably is the new bundled WiFi 6 router only has a 2.gGbps WAN port adn 4x 1Gb LAN ports. SO how teh heck can you receive a the 1.8Gbps on your pc if teh LAN ports are only 1Gbps. Yeah sure i could use a third party router but then my stupid BT coice phones wont work.

What a stupid launch by EE  /BT and bordering on Mis marketing

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You share it between the devices on your LAN. They won't all be belting along at the full 1.8 Gig at the same time.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

And what if you want to hook your WiFi Discs up to it so your WiFi devices upstairs can share the full bandwidth. Normally and inmost situation you would use a LAN cable from Router to WiFi disc, cannot do that in this instance. Your normal everday user will see no benefit to this over 1Gbps or even 500Mbs but unfortunately the enthusiasts that would use this and benefit from it cannot due to lack of 2.5Gbps LAN port.Plus where is the WiFi6E. Loads of phones and Tablets now support WiFi 6E and the 12th / 13th gen Intel boards all have it natively as do the AMD X670 boards. Such a pitty a product designed for high end users (premium product / premium price) but totally incompatible especially if stuck with Digital Voice.

Now open up Digital Voice so it can be used on third party routers and suddenly you have a winning combo, lost count of how many threads i have seen over the internet with people moaning about being stuck with Smart Hubs due to digital voice. BT / EE seem so completly anti consumer and anti innovation. Pitty.