Apps of the Week #2: cocktails

Charlotte
Former EE Community Manager

We like to think we’ve got a pretty good view of what’s happening in the world of apps. But sometimes it’s not easy to navigate the winding roads of Appville, so we thought you might appreciate a few timely tips.

Each week we’ll bring you three great apps, all focusing on a particular area of your life – from food and films to fun gadgets and furry creatures. How does that sound? Exactly.

This week we’ve been feeling both shaken and stirred, so it’s time to dip in to a handful of cocktail-making apps…

1. Cocktail Flow
    However amateurish your cocktail-making efforts have been so far, Cocktail Flow will turn you into Tom Cruise (or hopefully a slightly less annoying version of him) in no time at all. You can input the ingredients you have to hand and it’ll pour out the cocktails you’ll be able to make with them – and it even tells you how much your cocktail-based shopping will cost if you’re having a party. Android only right now but watch this space for an iOS version.
    Cocktail Flow for Android             Cocktail Flow for Android tablet 

2. Drinkspiration by Absolut
    You won’t be surprised to know this app contains oodles of tasty vodka-based cocktails, presented as it is by the arty Swedish vodka brand in the title. However, they’re apparently an egalitarian lot when it comes to the hard stuff: you’ll find gin, brandy, whisky, rum and the devil tequila present and correct in here too. Drinkspiration’s USP is it suggests cocktails based on where you are and what the time is – handy for the indecisive. Sadly it’s iOS only, the spoilsports.
    Drinkspiration by Absolut for iOS

3. My Cocktail Bar
    A no-nonsense, no-frills guide to the hard stuff in all its myriad combinations, My Cocktail Bar (also known simply as My Bar) offers all the cocktails officially sanctioned by the International Bar Association (yes, it’s a real thing!) plus a load more off-piste suggestions. The free version contains ads but there’s a pro app if you fancy yourself as a master mixer – and they’ll even add your own concoction if it passes their taste test!
    My Cocktail Bar for Android

Already using one of these cocktail apps? Any others you think everyone should know about? Let us know! 

Stay tuned next week when we’ll be celebrating Valentine’s Day by looking hungry-eyed at a threesome of dating apps.