cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

when is a text message not a text message

captin-pized-of
Investigator
Investigator
Included phone minutes:Unlimited
Included SMS texts:Unlimited
EU roaming data:15000 MB EU roaming data
Charges outside your allowances
Type of Charge Notes Cost excluding VAT
Calls to UK numbersIncludes landlines (01,02,03) and mobiles. Excludes Jersey, Guernsey & Isle of Man46p per minute
Calls to numbers starting 0500 46p per minute
Calls to 084, 087, 118 and 09 numbers 46p Access Charge + Service Charge (per minute)
Text messages to UK mobile numbers 30p per message
Picture messages 46p per message
12 REPLIES 12
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

When they including at least 1 of the following...

Picture

Audio

Video

Emoji

Group texl

Longer than 160 characters (not all phone's)

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
captin-pized-of
Investigator
Investigator

unlimited calls unless they are 01,02,03, or a mobile number ?

unlimited texts unless to uk mobiles 0.30p

unlimited texts unless they have a picture in 0.45p

do I get anything in my contract I can use without being charged..

@captin-pized-of wrote:

do I get anything in my contract I can use without being charged..

Yes. You get unlimited calls & texts to all standard UK landlines and mobiles. Much like the vast majority of "unlimited" telecoms packages available in the UK.

The main types of call that are chargeable are international, premium-rate and 084/087 numbers. How many calls are you likely to make to such numbers?

if i tet the wattapp thingy will i still pay all this?

why does it say calls to uk numbers and mobiles 0.46p then

Any use of WhatsApp is just charged as data use. So a text message over WhatsApp will use data. If you're at home using your WiFi/broadband, then WhatsApp is effectively free.

If you are out using the mobile network, then WhatsApp will be using data for everything. But that will include voice calls and texts that would otherwise be included in your plan.

If you look at the top of the table you've quoted, it says "charges outside your allowance". If your allowance is unlimited, then those charges won't apply to you unless any of the exclusions previously mentioned by @BrendonH , apply.

I have 25gig of bandwith I never use

@captin-pized-of   Outside of your allowance.  So if you had a limited number of minutes and you used them up you would pay for the calls because they are outside if your allowance because you would of used them up.  And that includes the 3 destinations that are highlighted.

That’s why is says at the top calls outside of your allowance. 

That’s why is says at the top calls outside of your allowance.

to me when someone says unlimited and underneth says charges outside your allowance means anything in that list is not included in your allowance.

I also have overseas package for europe usa and canada and only pay when i reply to a canadian text I can call canada free for I think 100 minutes per month it may even be a thousand.

if unlimited calls are what I have then why put outside your allowance in the first place. and to charge me for putting a smiling face after the word hi in a text is abuse