cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

unlocking my phone

KarenS2
Investigator
Investigator

the EE information just sends me round in circles it says, go to your my ee account, select unlock phone and follow the instructions . the only instructions i can find are go to your ee account select unlock phone and follow the instructions. what am i missing

13 REPLIES 13
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @KarenS2 ,

Welcome to the community,

Have you taken a look here, as it will depend whether you got your phone from EE or a third party:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-your-device/Unlocking-your-EE-mobile-phone-or-device/td-p/76...

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Where did you yourself get this device itself originally? Did you buy it yourself new direct from EE or from a 3rd-party reseller or is it 2nd-hand? The unlocking process & costs are different. Was it originally on contract or PAYG? How old is it? EE won't unlock contract devices less than 6 months old.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
KarenS2
Investigator
Investigator
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
I bought it from EE in march 2020 and have just cancelled my contract as I'm living in Spain. 
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @KarenS2,

Please see How to unlock your EE pay monthly phone or device.

Thanks

James

Thanks james but the connection just sends me back to the previous page and round in another circle of / log in /select unlock device7 and back to the original page with no form or place to enter the IMEI. Called for technical advice and something seems to be wrong with the site. Have to wait ten days or so and should be unlocked now.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
James_B

Thanks for the update @KarenS2

I'm glad our Customer Care Team were able to help.

James

Joh72
Investigator
Investigator

I've been waiting for EeS to ring me after being assured that someone who ring me yesterday,  seem ES like to give you the run around or keep you waiting for phone calls

About my last post my old EE contract phone I needed unlocking so I rang EE got told that I would hear from someone from EE would contact me in 10 days.. 15 days later I rang again and was told that someone would ring within 24 hours. That was 6 pm last night. Am still waiting. Who know, EE like to give you the please wait someone will ring or I will get back to you, never had a phone call back. 

James_B

Hi @Joh72,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you tried unlocking your phone at myaccount.ee.co.uk/app/device-unlock?

James