cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

pfSense (or own router) and Vigor 130 ADSL modem

MickeMannen
Investigator
Investigator

Hi All

I used to have a lot of issues with latency when using my own router and the Vigor 130 ADSL modem. After some checking i got it working (so far no issues at all and online gaming works perfectly).

I assume that you know how to set up your own router etc.

For settings on the Vigor 130 modem please see these pictures - i believe the key was MTU 1492.

login.png Default username and password is admin/admin at 192.168.2.1

general_setup.png

pppoe.png

Good Luck!

//Micke

8 REPLIES 8
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Your title and text talks about ADSL, yet the modem seems to be set for VDSL.

The DrayTek Vigor 130 is a ADSL2+/VDSL Modem.

The Key setting on any Fibre modem is VLAN ID or Tag = 101.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Correct - in my world it is the same slow solution!

But the settings are different for ADSL and VDSL, so not sure what point your post is trying to make.

Hi!

My point was to help others with the same issues that i used to have. The default settings of the DrayTek Vigor 130 VDSL modem gave me low latency from time to time (every 15min to 30 min). When i did the update this was solved!

Unfortunately I can't update the header for the first post or even remove it.

DSL3MZP
Explorer

I have the same setup but can’t get an ip address in pfsense. Any advice on what settings you used in pfsense to get this working?

Hi!

Still a problem? Reply here and i will try to guide you

//Micke

Hi Micke,

would love some help if you have the time and knowledge!

Regards

Matt