cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

iPhone 5s - can't make or receive calls.

ketankspatel
Explorer

I am currently not able to make or receive calls from my iPhone 5s and have no cellular recption.  

I have tried the following:

- Switching it on and off- I see searching in the top left corner of the phone and the after a while I get an error saying ..... ' mobile data update failed, Your iPhone cannot make and recieve calls or access mobile data until it has been updated.'

- Checking for updates- there are no updates available for the iPhone 5s- the phone currently has ios 12.4.8.

- Resetting the network settings...same as what happens when I switch on and off.

- Resetting the Iphone- I get an error popup saying - 'you will not be able to set up this iPhone after erasing.  A mobile data update is required before it can be activated again.' 
Any ideas on how I can get this issue fixed?

many thanks

Ketan

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Chris 

thanks for connecting, I actually called up yesterday and someone from the support team made some updates remotely, there was something that needed to be corrected with my settings which I couldn't access on an iPhone.

many thanks

Ketan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ketankspatel

Welcome to the community and thanks for letting us know the things you've already tried.

Could you please check your postcode on our Network Status Checker to see if there are any maintenance works in your area?

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris 

thanks for connecting, I actually called up yesterday and someone from the support team made some updates remotely, there was something that needed to be corrected with my settings which I couldn't access on an iPhone.

many thanks

Ketan

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Glad they managed to get you connected, @ketankspatel. 🙂

Thanks for letting us know.

Chris