cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

iPhone 12 issues

chrisonshore
Investigator
Investigator

I think EE should make customers upgrading to iPhone 12's aware of these bluetooth issues:  https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/672553

Spoke to apple and they are not interested, just saying its not their problem.

On iOS 13.x my iPhone X was connecting to all Bluetooth device just fine. The Bluetooth music streaming to my 2016 Infiniti stereo was flawless, connection to my multiple devices (MK Smartwatch, dashcam, etc.) were all fine.

when I updated to iOS 14.x this call changed. Now it won’t connect to the stereo without me turning Bluetooth off and on, then selecting the car manually as quickly as possible. Connections to other devices drop if the phone isn’t mere inches away from it.

if my phone is in my right-hand jacket pocket and my watch on my left wrist, it drops connection.

I have tried factory resets of all devices and the phone, but nothing works.

I have even tried using IOS 15 beta and still have the same issues

12 REPLIES 12
Christopher_B
EE Employee

Hi @chrisonshore

I hope you're well and having a nice weekend, other than this issue of course. 

Have you had the chance to speak with out technical team about this? 

Thanks 

Chris 

A very nice advisory, but nothing that EE can really do about it. It's an iOS bug. Also, no where in your post does it say you're running an iPhone 12, you state that you're running an iPhone X (10)

It could even be a hardware issue, the phone is 3 years old at this point

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@chrisonshore  iOS 15 is a beta to expect issues.   That thread started about 14.4 and there are not that many with issues it’s only 4 pages and I don’t know haw many people posted because a few will post more that once.      

More importantly what Bluetooth issues I didn’t have any with my iPhone X from iOS 11.0.1 release software to 14.4 and that was released January this year I then changed to a iPhone 12 Pro Max and I still don’t have any Bluetooth issues.  

my daughter has and iPhone 12 and has no Bluetooth issues.  

Have you tried factory restoring your device and I don’t mean by using the device reset I mean by putting the device into DFU/recovery mode and completely wiping it and putting a fresh install iOS on it by using iTunes on a PC/Mac.     Set it up as new and test it if that’s okay you can then restore your device from a backup and test that.   Your backup could be the issue so be prepared to do this all again and then don’t restore from the back up just setup as new. 

Yes I have, but these issues are not just releated, to EE, affects all
other providers
Agree, but hope the main providers can put pressure on Apple.

I would also have liked to know about this before I upgraded
Thank for the update / information

Does not work with bluetooth devices in the house and does not work in the
car either.

Have did a full reset and also tried IOS 15 beta, no luck

I've had my iPhone 12 pro Max since November 2020 and I've not really had any Bluetooth issues

Then again. I am on iOS 14.3 using Taurine 1.0.7 jailbreak. is this just a 14.4+ bug?

Sort of stuck here, spoke with apple who said its not their problem and EE
said to speak to Apple 🙁

@chrisonshore  I recommend you book an Apple genius appointment so they can look at the device.  If there is an issue with your device they’ll exchange the device for you.   

You say a full reset was this device based or via iTunes with a fresh install of iOS ?