cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Can EE provide an ECK unlock code for Sony Ericsson K700i

eruser
Investigator
Investigator

I purchased a second hand t-mobile device with a clean imei number. I wanted know before phoning 150 to see of there unlocking team would be able to provide the ECK (not NCK) unlock code for the ESL 5 lock that was on the hand set. I have tried other unlocking services who say that they dont provide ECK codes for the Sony ericsson K700i. Can any one please help to shine some light on this matter?

5 REPLIES 5
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Crikey that's an old one, if the Phone was on the UK T Mobile Service then in theory it should work on the EE Network under the Old Orange / T Mob migration, but be it with limited Radio Bands, unless it been Blacklisted or Barred at some point.

In theory that's what I thought but no the phone seems to be lock to the old t mobile sims that have a differnet operator code compared to the new ee sim cards ( I tested using my personal ee sim and my old deactivated tmobile sim, it accepts the old t-mobile sim but not the ee sim card). So I check to that it is not sim pin locked, nope. I check the MNC2 list and all sections (NCK, CCK, SPCK, etc) are unlocked or not show apart from ESL which shows a lock symbol. So it seems the phone needs to be unlock. Thank you very much for responding. You are right it s an old phone but if it ain't broken don't fix it. 

In theory it should work, if, as said it was on the original T Mob Carrier, as the EE Network should still accept both the Orange, T Mob and EE UK Network User Codes, as far as I'm aware most of the Phone Network upgrades were done over the Air, so maybe the phones been off for a while and missed it all.

They did have a sort out s few years back but that was mainly for the MVNOs like Virgin etc who used TM and EE but during that process it was down to the MVNO to sort out a replacement SIM , so if the Phone came from an MVNO that wouldn't help things.

Yeah they were good phones I think the K series was when Sony Ericsson lead the way in putting proper cameras in phones like the cyber-shot lens  I had a k800i back in around 2004 from used it for around 10 years as my main Blower and Camera and kept the Smart phones for Net Surfing, still got it somewhere.

It is t-mobile branded and has the t-mobile start up tone and screen. I will try leaving it turned on for a while with an ee sink card in it incase something happens but until then it seems I will jaunt have to keep looking elsewhere or phone ee directly to see if they can do anything.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)