cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

changing to nano sim

JAAK
Visitor

Have had a pay-as-you-go with EE for some years. It's on a use-within-180-days contract. Now have a new phone that takes a smaller, nano sim. Is it possible to be sent a nano sim for the new phone and keep my same phone number - and remain on the same 180-days contract? I have around £23 on the old sim - and only need it for very light/emergency use.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@JAAK   If you heed to order a replacement SIM card you can do that HERE.  

you’ll be sent a multi sim and you just push out the part you need. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@JAAK   If you heed to order a replacement SIM card you can do that HERE.  

you’ll be sent a multi sim and you just push out the part you need. 

Daughter is swapping me from a Doro mobile which has a microsSD to a Doro smart phone, both from EE, both on PAYG. It needs a nano sim, but I want to keep my number. I also want the possibility of reverting to the mobile if I don't get on with the smart phone. How can I a get a new nano sim with my number, and can I revert, if need be? (I'm 92)

@JoMM 

If the two phones use different size SIMs, then you'll just have to treat it as (potentially) 2 SIM swaps.

Whichever phone needs the smaller SIM will dictate the size you'll need to cut down to. You can sometimes get adapters to convert a smaller SIM into a larger one, but I've no experience of how well these work.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JoMM

Thanks for coming to the community.

You can order a new size SIM card online and keep your number, you would select the new handset option 🙂

Our Pay as you go Care team can also help if you give them a call from your mobile on 150, or 0800 079 8586 from any other phone.

Hope this helps 🙂

Leanne.