cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

cannot activate my sim card when we traveled to Europe countries

hchen090
Visitor

Dear Sir/Madam,

I bought two EE sim cards from amazon.com in U.S. a couple of months ago (7/11/19 and 7/15/19). The one is 'Europe (UK EE) 4G Mobile Broadband Data SIM preloaded with 6GB lasting 90 days FREE ROAMING / USE in Europe - $29.73' and another one is 'Europe (UK EE) 4G Mobile Broadband Data SIM preloaded with 2GB lasting 30 days FREE ROAMING / USE in Europe - $17.53'.

Unfortunately, Neither one worked when my family traveled Europe countries from 8/15/19-8/27/19. It caused us lots of trouble. We tried many times to activate them in Paris, France and UK London  but did not work.

How can we deal with these two Sim cards now when we back US and finished our trip? Can we return them to you or wait to another one to two years later to activate them again when we would have plan to go Europe countries? Thank you for your guidance in advance.

xxxx xxxx

xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

[mod edit: please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]

1 REPLY 1
Alex_S
EE Employee

Hi @hchen090,

Welcome to the community 🙂

For UK EE SIM cards to be activated, this would need to be completed whilst in the UK.

You advised you visited London, when you tried to activate the SIM cards, did you call our customer care team to do this? 

I would recommend getting in touch with the Amazon seller if you are looking to return the SIM cards.

Alex 🙂