cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

cancelation of packs

JH1231
Explorer

Hello,
I'm interested in canceling EE PAYG packs, I've texted STOP PACKS several times to 150, which tells me they'll stop recurring. However, I want to stop using packs all together and to use my phone as a regular PAYG.

How can I do this?

Cheers.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

That's what STOP PACK does. It stops the current pack recurring at all unless & until you deliberately buy another pack. You can then use the SIM for calls & texts but not data as normal PAYG at standard per-unit rates paid for out of your standing PAYG credit balance.

To save the SIM going into hibernation due to lack of use, just remember within every 179 days (~ 6 months) to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from any Pack or Add-on you might have.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

That's what STOP PACK does. It stops the current pack recurring at all unless & until you deliberately buy another pack. You can then use the SIM for calls & texts but not data as normal PAYG at standard per-unit rates paid for out of your standing PAYG credit balance.

To save the SIM going into hibernation due to lack of use, just remember within every 179 days (~ 6 months) to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from any Pack or Add-on you might have.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes, I understand that STOP PACK will stop a recurring payment/pack being made.

I want to stop them alltogether.

Everytime I top up after a STOP PACK has been sent, they take the money from my account and give a pack, which I've originally tried to stop and do not want.

I want the money to remain in my account for longer than a month or 30 days, to use as and when I want to.

So, how can I cancel packs indefinitely?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JH1231

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am sorry to hear the pack has renewed after you have text STOP PACK to 150.

To get this looked into, please get in touch with our Pay as you go Care team they will have access to your account and be able to help you further. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.