cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

WiFi mini will not connect to tv

carol3593
Investigator
Investigator

I am coming to the end of my rope trying to connect my techwood smart tv to my WiFi mini device. It picks up the device accepts the password but refuses to connect.

i can connect it to my phone and iPad no problem.

why is there such an issue with these boxes the point is I want to use it in my caravan to watch Netflix, I am out of my cooling off period so in effect paying for something that is no use what so ever.

any suggestions? In stupid terms please not technical 

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@carol3593   On your TV try forgetting the network and reset it back up. 

I have tried this it’s just having none or it I’ve reset the WiFi mini numerous times I’ve tried only connecting the tv nothing works 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @carol3593

Thanks for coming to the community.

Do you know if you can connect your TV to any other WiFi device?

Speak soon.

Leanne.

I can hotspot the tv to my phone but not to the WiFi mini box, I can connect my phone to the box but not my tv.

the box works it just refuses to connect to the tv 

Leanne_T

Thanks for the quick reply @carol3593

In this case, I would suggest getting in touch with our Tech Gurus, they will get this looked into further for you.

You can call them on 150 from an EE phone or 0800 079 8586 from any other phone.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

I have already spoken to them they couldn’t even help me change the password to something easy then told me to contact the tv people who in turn advised it is the box of other devices can connect 

Leanne_T

Hi @carol3593

I am sorry to hear this.

If you would like to change your password you can do this by going to http://192.168.1.1 on a device connected to the WiFi and log in as admin for the user name and password and select WiFi Settings.

If you can call us again and let us know what the TV manufacturer has advised our Tech Gurus will see what they can do to help.

Leanne.