cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Why does the mobile App and Texting BA give different PAYG DATA remaining?

str8chat
Contributor
Contributor

If I go into my account from my PC it says I have 8.5 GB of data remaining, but when I text BA to get my balance it says I have 15 GB remaining. The renewal text from the last Pack top up confirms that the lower figure is correct.

How can I get the true data balance using text messages?

14 REPLIES 14
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @str8chat,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

You should see the same allowance figures reported by both methods. Please get in touch with Customer Care so our Tech Gurus can look into this issue for you.

They'll be happy to help.

James

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Does MyEE just give how much of your pack data remains while the BA text includes your Boosts &/or data rollover?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I reported this problem as you suggested months before the pandemic started. That was at least two years ago. Customer Care had plenty of time to escalate the issue and get it fixed.

Far too many web sites have problems that never get addressed when they are reported to the appropriate Customer Care teams, so I have adopted the policy of one strike and I won't waste my time trying again. If Customer Care really did care, then they would react after a single call.

@XRaySpeXThanks for your reply.

I've done the sums this evening on the results I have had in the past together with the response I got to BA today, and it appears that when I text BA, then my DATA boosts get added twice.

The App and the website both correctly show the data available after a new pack starts as:

Pack Data + Boosts + Any Roll-over

However, the text response to BA produces

Pack Data + (2 x Boosts) + Any Roll-over.

I reported this to Customer Support a long time ago. EE is not the only company that has appalling IT support relating to bugs in their system.

Do EE employees actually use the EE systems? If not, why not? If so, why are there still bugs in the system? Why should I waste hours of my time making phone calls to customer support departments when they simply ignore reports of problems?

Well spotted 🙂 !

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hello@James_B 

I have reported this issue some time ago. I don't know about EE, but with many companies reporting minor problems through the proper channels even three or four times doesn't help.

I expect that this issue to has been raised by other people as well as me, and especially by at least one person who works for EE.

It doesn't actually affect me as I can use the App on my smart phone to get the correct information. It doesn't affect my wife either as she has a basic call/text only phone with no Internet so data is of no interest to her. It will only affect those who have a non-smart phone that offers Internet capability, which are increasingly rare now.

Issues like this that never get fixed just give companies a worse image.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for reporting this issue @str8chat

Our Tech Gurus will have raised a support ticket so the problem can be investigated by the relevant team.

James

To @James_B 

Thank you, James.

354-
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@James_B - Was there any updates for this please?