cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Where has the eSIM download facility gone?

timallen803
Investigator
Investigator

I have just changed iPhones and discovered (to my cost) that the eSIM download functionality has disappeared from both the myEE web access and app.  I am now stuck outside UK with no prospect of getting a new iPhone working on my UK mobile number.....  The previous system worked really well when I originally installed the eSIM, and went dual SIM - all done successfully from outside UK.  But now....? 

15 REPLIES 15
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@timallen803  You’ll probably find it’s been removed because of an issue.    Once it’s resolved it’ll be back. 

I am sure that is the case....but EE really do need to be more transparent - not only with customers but also their own support staff who as of the past few days seemed blissfully unaware.  Thanks for the reply @Chris_B 

I have contacted EE via webchat and they are sending me one out tomorrow hopefully. Also free of charge and not £1.50. 

Try speaking to the technical team on webchat and they should sort you out. 

@Lustral thanks.  I had one session with them a couple of days back, but they were still denying that facility had gone - so it got me nowhere.  I shall try again.

I've just joined EE, went to swap my physical sim to an esim - get charged £1.50 and told it can take 5-7 working days for the esim to arrive by post! Immediate regret joining now. I thought vodafone were bad, but at least they don't charge you for new esims and make them available within a couple of minutes via email or to download.

Thankfully still within my cooling off period

Fingers crossed it is only temporary. Have you tried to webchat ? Hopefully im getting mine send out by tomorrow. 

When i did mine initially, it was pretty instant and only cost 50p. 

Thanks, just did a live chat - said my request was on the system and probably will take about 5 working days to be posted out to me. They said they never issue esims electronically because it has to go to a persons home address for security reasons - this of course is nonsense. They said they would refund the £1.50 so that is something. 

The concept of sending an esim in the post is quite funny if it wasn't so ridiculous.

Yeah it is a bit silly having to wait for an eSIM to be posted out. Surely by logging into MyEE online is enough, or at least when doing the webchat they can verify you by asking questions about your account. 

As I have been operating outside UK for many months now, I can categorically state that the former eSIM download system via the MyEE app worked a treat - so why has it been arbitrarily removed with no explanation?   Come on EE - is anyone monitoring this community?