cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

What's happens if I change my payment date to the 31st if there's not 31 days?

AlexLee1701
Contributor
Contributor

Same as the title, I changed my date to the 31st since I get paid on the 23rd I figured it would be easier, what happens when there's not 31 days? I'm assuming it'll just be taken next day just wanted to make sure.

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

You can't fix your payment date. You can only change your billing date to the 28th of a month at the latest. Then your payment date will be about a week later.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @AlexLee1701 ,

In addition to the above good advice, you may wish to refer to the below link to see the full impact of changing your direct debit date.

Typically, direct debits will be take on or after the appointed date unless the service provider informs you in advance otherwise. Good luck!

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/billing-usage-and-top-up/paying-my-bill/direct-debit-explained

I see the Android app does allow selection of the 31st so in many months it would debit at the start of the following month in the normal course of things.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@mikeliuk wrote:

I see the Android app does allow selection of the 31st

For what? The payment date or the billing date?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Can I change my Direct Debit date?

Yes, but only after you’ve received your first bill.

go to Menu > Bill and payments> Direct Debit

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/billing-usage-and-top-up/paying-my-bill/direct-debit-explained

It's a corresponding place in the app under "Payments". In the app, the option is "Change Direct Debit Date". Whether it works as labelled is another matter but for other vendors, my direct debit date choices have been respected going back as far as the year 2000. (The OP has already changed the direct debit date to 31st.)

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Most Banks will process the payment the day before or the day before that ie, 28/29th Feb, unless that date falls on a Weekend or Holiday then the next Working day after it was due.