cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

WPS button ?

greyjaybee
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'm about to purchase a Wifi extender (thanks to advice here) and looking at how to install it, seems you have to press the WPS button...I have no idea what that means and dont seem to have one on my router, unless it is called something else. All I have is 'reset' and 'ON/OFF' to the right of the plugins.  Help please. !!!

router.JPG

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

I guess that looks like a Brightbox 1R. Which EE BB product do you have?

The WPS Button is located at the top centre - see Connect using push button connect

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@greyjaybee  what router is it?  And yo don’t have to use the WPS to set this up.  The manual that comes with it will give you other ways to set this up.    

The WPS  button is just a quick way to link your router to a different device that has a WPS button on it.     Your phone/tablet didn’t have one but you connected that to your router this just the same.  

( try looking at the side of your router ) 

greyjaybee
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I just have EE's router that I was given when I signed up...( EE- Brightbox-xj55c4)..nothing on the side tho, but so long as any device can be linked in the same way my laptop was that's fine. Thanks

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

I guess that looks like a Brightbox 1R. Which EE BB product do you have?

The WPS Button is located at the top centre - see Connect using push button connect

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
greyjaybee
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Yes sorry for delay in replying, apologies I typed in something else...it's a 1R as you suggest...thanks for the info re the WPS.  I have only standard broadband, it's all I can get where I live and it can be pretty rubbish, hence looking for a way to potentially improve wifi on first floor. Have to say it's so confusing....still dont really know whether to just get a simple wifi extender, powerline booster or whatever. Anyway thankyou.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance