cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Upgrade versus buying a new plan

Vale1
Investigator
Investigator

I just terminated a 24 months plan so I decided to keep the phone and upgrade only the SIM card. After I did it, I realized I had much more options (and cheaper) from the EE shop for SIM cards. Why did I have only a few options for upgrading my SIM card plan??

14 REPLIES 14
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

As you've already cancelled your contract you can't upgrade the SIM. You will have to get a SIM-Only with a new no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I haven't cancelled my contract. I simply upgraded it.

OK. so you didn't terminate it as you said; you just upgraded it.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes, I meant 24 months are gone so I had the option to upgrade my plan by getting a new phone or only upgrade the SIM card

An Upgrade and a New Plan are pretty much the same thing, you've gone out of contract commitment and have taken a New Contract Plan as a SIM Only and decided to keep the Phone, so effectively a lot cheaper, but still  another Contract Committment rather than just keep paying the same amount every month as per your old contract.

These mobile contracts don't just terminate themselves, just the min. term expires. They are not fixed term contracts. After the min. term they just carry on at the same price on a rolling 30-days' notice basis until you explicitly cancel or upgrade.

The point is that when I upgraded it, I didn't have the option of a cheaper deal that I actually found today on the section My shop => SIMs (10 GB plus roaming abroad for £20). This specific deal wasn't within my upgrade.

How did you upgrade, live EE person Phone or EE Store, Chat, or Online by yourself.

How long ago did you upgrade.

When did you upgrade?

Promotions change all the time. You can choose a plan today but tomorrow a new plan could be launched that's cheaper. It just how it goes.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below