cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Two defective Iphones in 4 months

billkent22
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, I am new to this community and hoping i can get some help!

I have been a long standing Apple & EE Customer and feel let down by both at present.

I finally got the phone i wanted for a while back in September this year the Iphone 11 Pro Max. After 2 months the phone failed and i was directed by EE straight to Apple where i had to do a 1:45hr round trip just to get my phone looked at, it was replaced by apple. I was given a 'new' phone although i believe it wasn't as there where light scratches on the screen which i noticed that evening when applying a screen protector.

All was good until Christmas day where that phone then failed, It wont even boot so i am now phone less. I have now had to buy a temporary replacement, wasted money on two screen protectors, paid for around £20 of fuel and tolls.

I just feel EE should be helping me in some way, after all i purchased the goods from them which are clearly faulty twice.

Can anyone help? what are my rights etc?

Thank you for reading,

Bill

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@billkent22   Have you tried to force reboot the device by holding down the volume buttons in the correct sequence ?   Sounds like your device has jumped in the DFU mode.  

and your right about the swapped device not being new.  

Hello, thank you for your reply. I have tried many many things many times to try and get the phone to boot/restore but it wont!

I just want it replaced but it seems thats not possible

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @billkent22

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you spoken to our Tech Gurus to get this looked into since Christmas Day?

Thanks.

Leanne.

Hello,

Yes i have twice, they just want to have it taken for repair but after having two go wrong im not overly keen and would rather have a different phone or at least be offered a new replacement. 

Also the repair procedure takes two weeks so i will now have to purchase another used phone at cost to me obviously. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @billkent22

Thanks for coming back to me.

I understand, if you would like to discuss any other options, I would suggest getting back in touch with our Tech Gurus.

You can also contact Apple and they will see what is available for you.

Leanne.

epicrhxdes
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi @billkent22

I understand how frustrating this is, before coming to EE several years ago, I was with O2 and they're horrendous hence the move! It does seem like you're having a lot of trouble but maybe Apple is more to blame for giving you a device that probably only had a shelf life of 2 months itself!

It's so annoying that a company worth more than a £1,000,000,000,000.00 can do that to their customers and even fans, because we buy phones because we like them and we buyers are the ones that are making these high end companies successful, they think less of that though when you've put all your money into it.

I'd go back to Apple, tell them that the device that they have given you is not working, and then speak to EE about compensation for the times you've had to travel back and fourth. There are things that big companies can do. I think EE shipping you a case, screen protector and maybe £20 off your next bill isn't a lot to ask for.

Hope you get this sorted!

All the best!