cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Trying to join EE but check out isn't working

sydk
Investigator
Investigator

At first I was advised to reset my cookies and try different browsers, which didn't work.

Then I have been told it could be the fact I'm trying to send the sim card to a different address than my billing address, so I changed my card details to match the address I'm residing at, at the moment.

Now the checkout page says my details aren't matching, so I called my bank, and they told me they can see the transaction, and that everything looks good on their side, that it might come from EE's website.

Right after that I called EE but the person on the phone told me they couldn't help me as it was an online offer.

So I'm now stuck and spent a lot of time trying to JOIN EE, which seems to me like the opposite of how a company should treat potential new customers.

This is my last attempt at joining EE and sure hope I will get an answer and help from EE.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sydk

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear that you've had these problems trying to join us.

It could be that it's taking a while to recognise the new card address. Which offer are you trying to get? When was the last time you tried? When did you speak to our Mobile Care team?

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I spoke to the mobile care team on Friday and Sunday, and according to my bank everything should be recognised as "matching".

I'm trying to get the "SIM Plan 10GB £15" with -£5 pm offer from USwitch.

Christopher_G

Thanks @sydk

I'm not completely familiar with how USwitch works. Does it show as an 'exclusive', and link you straight to the EE basket?

Chris

Yes exactly! It's a normal EE basket with a discount code includedScreenshot 2020-08-24 at 12.05.47.png

Christopher_G

OK thanks, @sydk

I've sent you a private message to get some information from you.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris