cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Transfering images from an OPPO A53 to an Apple iMac not working

gez-jam
Investigator
Investigator

I have just bought an OPPO A53 and I am finding it impossible to transfer image files to any of the following: Apple iMac, Apple MacBook Pro, or Dell Inspiron (Windows 10) lap top.  I prefer to use the iMac where all my photos are stored.

When I plug the USB in Android File Transfer app starts up (as it should) but comes up with the error message "No Android found.  Connect with USB cable".  The Windows machine just ignores it!  I have checked in the phone settings that USB capability is switched on and that I am using a cable which is good for charging AND data.

So what is preventing this transfer?

5 REPLIES 5
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @gez-jam.

Welcome to the community.

I know it's a long shot, but have you got another cable you can try?

Has this worked on a previous Android phone?

Jon

Yes, I have two cables neither of which work.

My husband has a different phone (Huawei ) that transfers image files perfectly. The iMac recognises the Android and the Huawei asks which mode - transfer image files - and it does the job.

Sent from my iPad
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @gez-jam.

I've found this OPPO Help Page online which gives instructions on how to connect to an iMac.

Let me know if this helps.

Jon

Jon,

Thanks very much for the link….but…

We already have Android Transfer App installed - and I installed a fresh copy to make sure it was up to date and functioning.

The USB debugging procedure was slightly different on the OPPO A53 and when I got to “tapping 7 times” it told me I was already in Developer mode. So I turned on USB debugging and tested the two cables we have. The Android app gave the error message “No Android device found. connect with USB cable”.

Using the Photos app the transfer works but when I move the images out of Photos (because I store all my images in separate folders in the “Pictures” fold the “Export…” is unreliable. it sometimes reduces the file size (pixelating the image) and sometimes changes the date to the date of transfer. This is a random problem and may be a bug in the Photos software.

My old phone had no problems with transferring direct using a USB cable into specified folders as does my husband’s phone. Therefore I can only assume that it is the OPPO A53 that is at fault.

gez-jam
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @gez-jam

Thanks for coming back to us. 

It may be worth getting in touch with Oppo to see if they can suggest anything else for you to try. 

Leanne,