cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Trade in

Xemma123
Visitor

My partner got a new contract with EE and as part of his deal he had to trade in his old phone. The new phone was delivered to our house and he was given a package with a pre printed label on it to take to the post office to send the old phone back to EE. He followed these instructions however EE have stated that when they received the parcel there was no phone in the parcel! My partner has a receipt from  the post office with the weight of the parcel on it and EE have said he has to take it up with Royal Mail. EE Have now taken £408 out of our bank account because they have said the phone was not in the parcel! He has filled in a claims form for Royal Mail however the maximum amount of money they will return is £100. Anytime he phones and speaks to EE they have said there is nothing they can do! Absolute disgrace! Has anyone else ever experienced this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Xemma123

Welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to hear that your phone has gone missing before it arrived to us.

Our Trade In help page says: "Although we pay for the postage via a prepaid envelope, it's your responsibility to make sure your device is adequately protected in the envelope and insured for loss

Sorry, but we can't take responsibility for loss or damage."

Hopefully Royal Mail can help you further with this. 

Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Xemma123 

If you never paid for the extra mail coverage at the post office then this is a tough lesson to learn. They normally ask the value of the item and if you want the extra coverage, you must have said no. 

If I remember correctly it's your own responsibility to ensure the device is sent back safely. I don't see how EE can be responsible as let's be honest the package could have contained anything to the weight of the device. 

Unless EE will as a good will gesture reimburse some of the fee then you will just have to accept it and remember to take the extra mail coverage when posting in the future

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Xemma123

Welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to hear that your phone has gone missing before it arrived to us.

Our Trade In help page says: "Although we pay for the postage via a prepaid envelope, it's your responsibility to make sure your device is adequately protected in the envelope and insured for loss

Sorry, but we can't take responsibility for loss or damage."

Hopefully Royal Mail can help you further with this. 

Chris