cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Sim SWAP

mememememememe1
Investigator
Investigator

Just to let you know my sim card was just swaped. Someone requested on my name a sim replacement and EE send it to them.Now they have all my acccounts hacked where 2FA phone message  is required. How is that possible ?Why EE send sim replacement without physical verification? Anyone can call and request a replasment! Im very disappointed with EE.  

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@mememememememe1  This isn’t customer services it’s a public forum,  and to gain access to your account and request a replacement sim they need to know your password if you set one up or know  the answers to 2 random questions.   This can not be requested online as you’ll be sent a text to confirm this so this person will need to call to request it.     Have you changed your EE account password yet ?   

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mememememememe1

I'm sorry to hear you've had a problem like this. I seen from your other post that you've discussed this with our Mobile Care team. Have you managed to get your account passwords updated?

Chris

customer service said someone requested replacement sim and they just send it .