cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Hand me down

NellyRay
Visitor

We want to give our daughter my wife's old EE iPhone 7, my daughter already has an even older iPhone and an account joined to mine. But we can straight swap in the sim card, does my wife's phone need unlocking?

Thanks

Neil

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@NellyRay : If they were both on EE, it won't need unlocking & you can just move her old SIM to your wife's old EE iPhone 7.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @NellyRay ,

It sounds like you want to use an EE SIM in a mobile phone supplied by EE, so that should work immediately.

You may use the below URL to check if the device is currently locked. I would recommend to unlock the device before leaving EE as it may be more difficult to unlock afterwards. If you unlock while with EE, you will want to double check that you don't lose any functionality with regards to settings and functionality pushed out and enabled by the service provider.

Personally, I always prefer unlocked devices for the flexibility in an emergency.

https://www.iphonelife.com/content/how-to-know-if-your-iphone-unlocked-what-means

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net