cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Sim Failure

Jego
Investigator
Investigator

Hi There - my Sim has failed, i cannot fond anyway of making contact to get a replacement other than this, please help.

Tim

9 REPLIES 9
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Jego 

Welcome to the EE Community,

Are you a PAYG or a PAYM customer ?

Thanks,

David.

Jego
Investigator
Investigator

Hi David

I assume a PAYM, as not pay as you go.

Tim

Jego
Investigator
Investigator

Hi David

Any suggestions, how do i order a new Sim?

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Jego if you call freephone 0800 317 720 a customer service advisor will be able to request a replacement sim for you.

CalamityJane
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Jego,

CalamityJane (CJ) here.

Out of the blue, I was getting "MMS Failures" (versus SIM Failures). Ultimately, I ended up having to phone ee Customer Service before I got it sorted.  I have their number programmed into my phone.  See Below, and I hope this somehow helps you out - those Failures can be so disheartening!  Keep your chin up-You'll get there!!

(1) ee Customer Service: 0800 956 6000

(2) Operating hours: 8am - 6pm UK time

(3) They are super-busy, thanks to the Virus, so be patient and be prepared to wait.  When I called yesterday, it was 20 minutes before I got connected to Ryan (ee Service Representative from the Cardiff Team (currently working from Home due to The Virus)). 

CJ Note: Ryan Rocks!! (As did the other Service Team Members I've had the pleasure to work with --> Maxine C and David from the Ireland Service Team.  Shout Out to EE Service -- They deserve some Customer KUDOS!!

(4) PAYG Customers are charged 25p for the call

(5) You are the Customer and they truly appreciate that.  Meaning, if they tell you something, and you don't understand or it won't work for you (For Example only: It's too expensive, or just not feasible), keep asking questions or sharing your circumstances (whatever you're comfortable sharing 🙂

They will work with you !!

Best of Luck,

CJ

@CalamityJane :

2, Mon to Fri 8am - 9pm, Sat to Sun 8am - 8pm

4. It's free for PAYG in the present climate.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
CalamityJane
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi ee Master @XRaySpeX

(1) Thank you for correcting my misqoute about Customer Service Hours.

(2) And, since I've learned they are now open even later than I thought, I have an expanded window to contact them if and need to, -and- lastly...

(3) RE: "4. It's free for PAYG in the present climate." --> it wasn't free for me.  The 25p is on my Usage Report.  If it's supposed to be Free, can I get an error correction for the 25p?  [In all honesty, when I saw the 25p on my Usage Report, I said "it was worth 25 p" since Ryan (Cardiff Service Team) really helped me to sort out a problem!  So...if I can get an error correction - that's great, but if it doesn't happen - that's OK too.

Thanks,

Your "Grasshopper" CJ

@CalamityJane : (3) EE Community staff have been repeatedly saying it was free during this virus situation. It was announced in 1 of the Virus Announcements but doesn't seem to be there anymore. You could phone CS to claim it back along with any 25p you are charged for calling CS.

What no. did you call CS on? If it was on 150, you might try calling the Freephone (Toll-Free) 0800 no. in my sig. Calling 0800 nos in the UK are by law free from all landlines & mobiles, but I'm unsure when CS discover you're on PAYG whether they then clock you up 25p.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
CalamityJane
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks again eeMaster @XRaySpeX

The number I called was the number I programmed into my phone (0800 956 6000).

Don't even remember where I found the number I used and I have also learned there seem to be a lot of numbers to reach Customer Service/Customer Care.

End of Day: Forget about the 25p.  My contact(s) on the Service/Care team are worth WAY MORE than 25p in my opinion.  Moving on... 🙂

CJ