cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Sim Card

Rach72
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I upgraded my mobile yesterday from an iPhone 8 to an iPhone 11. The new handset is due to arrive tomorrow.

I had a text from EE this morning to say that my new sim card has been dispatched and a link to click on to register the new sim when it arrives.

I’m confused as to why they are sending a new sim card, I thought I could just put the old sim card from my iPhone 8 into the iPhone 11.

Can anyone clarify this for me, please?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hello @Rach72 

EE often supply a replacement SIM incase, for whatever reason, you can't use your existing SIM or it doesn't fit your new phone.

@Rach72 wrote:

I’m confused as to why they are sending a new sim card, I thought I could just put the old sim card from my iPhone 8 into the iPhone 11.

Indeed you can. Both the iPhone 8 & iPhone 11 use a Nano-SIM (check here ) so absolutely that is the best thiing to do.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hello @Rach72 

EE often supply a replacement SIM incase, for whatever reason, you can't use your existing SIM or it doesn't fit your new phone.

@Rach72 wrote:

Indeed you can. Both the iPhone 8 & iPhone 11 use a Nano-SIM (check here ) so absolutely that is the best thiing to do.

@bristolian Thanks mate! 👍

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Glad you got the help you needed from the community @Rach72

Enjoy your new phone 🙂

Leanne.