cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung s20 ultra order

Mike197928
Explorer

I upgraded my phone on the 5th march in a we store for a pre order Samsung s20 ultra and have heard nothing at all since. My current phone battery is failing rapidly.

i know there is a pandemic going on but what’s annoying me is why haven’t I heard anything at all about my order

2,739 REPLIES 2,739
LukeAshley
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Doodle-s the race is on ! Mine arrives tomorrow after switching from grey to black ! 

briangee
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Doodle-s You're right and I was aware of this. When I used the EE 5G coverage checker, it showed me two bars so I knew I wasn't going to get top speeds and wasn't expecting them.

However, I wasn't expecting it to be lower than 4G speeds I get - that is a surprise. 

At the moment I just feel like I'm paying for something I'm not getting.

I guess a part of the issue really is that normally I would be travelling for work, and that would let me judge 5G in Glasgow City Centre and London etc, where they really have "proper" 5G speeds.  Obviously, with the lockdown that is not possible right now.

Doodle-s
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@briangee 

it's frustrating but also futureproof, My work falls right inside a 5G area but my home doesn't, obviously not a problem as wifi will always be used there but I would like to get some use out of 5g I'm hoping it helps more when I'm out at the football when its back on as a signal there is often worse than the results! 

Doodle-s
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@LukeAshley 

still not impressed that I've had to change from the 512 to the 128 just to get the phone before its classed as an old tech! but if it comes tomorrow as promised I'm sure I'll get over that quickly! besides cant miss what I never had right? 

Just thought I’d share that I just received my DPD text and phone will be arriving tomorrow(hopefully. 

@Aliasi1 Hope all goes well . What model did you order and was it direct or through a store?

Thanks I ordered the s20 ultra cosmic grey 128gb and I did it through EE online.

Joshua111
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

phoned ee seeing if they could amend the order so that i can get the 128gb instead of the 512gb and amend the order date however they wont let me and fed me aload of lies getting fed up with ee now so have now made a formal complaint for the poor service and communication 

77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've ordered a 512gb, I'd rather wait for the phone to arrive than settle for a small capacity. Hopefully  Samsung will let us get the Galaxy buds+.

rhiang1984
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@77catsyea hopefully me too 🤞🤞 always checking my order and watching out for phone call as well!