cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung s20 ultra order

Mike197928
Explorer

I upgraded my phone on the 5th march in a we store for a pre order Samsung s20 ultra and have heard nothing at all since. My current phone battery is failing rapidly.

i know there is a pandemic going on but what’s annoying me is why haven’t I heard anything at all about my order

2,739 REPLIES 2,739
Lynztay
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I don't believe anything anymore. After the initial excitement of receiving it at last only for it to be faulty, promised on the phone and online the exchange would take place today, only now to be told I'm basically back in the queue as they don't have stock. I specifically asked last night if they did, lies, lies, lies.

Guys we need to really wake up.....the major reason we are a bit disappointed at our s20 ultras to those who already have it is simply because we were sent the exynos 900 variant which has a major performance and heating issues as compared to the snapdragon variant...check out comparisons between the two variants on youtube and see for yourself. even in terms of battery durability. i dont know why samsung would do this yet sell at the same price but i feel cheated and disspointed. i am currently looking for a network provider that ships and sells the snapdragon variant and cancel my order. This is a genuine and candid advice to those who got the phone but still in the 14day return window. 

bluemoon2
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi there finfol007. 

I was looking at that myself last night.  Did you find any particulaly good videos on you tube which you could share? 

Just got a text from ee saying my order is on track yet still says awaiting
confirmation on the tracker, tracking number still doesn't work on dpd app
Johanm
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

That's an automated message, I got the same this morning.

Nothing to be excited about then?
5hIfTy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Bennb 

It's just an automated message mate. The only message to get excited about it the one from DPD saying your item will be delivered tomorrow.

TBH the longer this delay goes on, the less I give a s*** about the phone. Do yourself a favour and don't watch Youtube videos on Exynos vs Snapdragon chips on the S20 otherwise you'll be contemplating cancelling the order altogether! 😬

Lynztay
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've been in touch with Samsung today. I decided to let them know what a let down it was and described how the phone kept crashing etc. I was very polite! I just had a phone call back and they asked for the serial number, imei and exact model number, which I gave and then also emailed them photos as requested. I'm now waiting to see what is said from that. During the original phone call, they said as it's a flagship phone, they will take it very seriously.

I'm quite curious as to what will come from this call. It will not be a replacement as obviously that is EEs job to do.

5hIfTy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@bluemoon2 

Hi there finfol007. 

I was looking at that myself last night.  Did you find any particulaly good videos on you tube which you could share? 

It won't let me paste the link but put "S20 exynos vs snapdragon" on Youtube and it's the first result with a young lad wearing a white baseball cap the wrong way around.