cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung Galaxy fold 3 unable to connect to Canon TR8550

wrason
Investigator
Investigator

My Fold3 will not find the printer although they are both on the same

Network. I have tried downloading apps from Canon, Samsung, Mopria and others with no success. I had no issues with my previous Samsung Galaxy 9+. Has anyone had similar issues with printers?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorted!! I use NordVPN on my computers and mobile and this morning found a setting in Nord to allow "Local network discovery" and printing from the mobile now works.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@wrason  Is the printer software compatible with that device?   Have any these apps been updated to fully work with the fold 3 ?  Don’t assume just because it’s android it’ll work 

The printer isn't listed as compatible on the Mopria website so maybe that's the issue. My work round is to send documents to my Apple Macbook Pro and print from there. I don't really want to change the printer, it was dear enough buying the phone! After starting this post I managed to print one document but unable to repeat!!

Sorted!! I use NordVPN on my computers and mobile and this morning found a setting in Nord to allow "Local network discovery" and printing from the mobile now works.