cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung Galaxy S21 Battery Life

theguy3
Investigator
Investigator

Has anyone else had issues with the battery life with the S21? I've had the phone less than a week and found myself needing to charge it twice a day when compared to the A70/A71 battery, which only needed to be charged once every 1-2 days

19 REPLIES 19
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @theguy3 

What does the battery usage app say?

At what % are you charging your phone? You might be charging it when you don't need to charge it. Even at lower % it has hours remaining. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Kirigaya_Kazuto
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

What apps are you using? have you got the screen on adaptive refresh rate? 

It's started showing how long until the battery dies but originally said Learning Usage Patterns. I thought after this period had ended, the battery would return to normal but hasn't.

Normally I charge it at night and it's less than 20% and during the afternoon when it gets to around 15%.

I find when it gets to 7%, it says it has over an hour left but really lasts less than half an hour 

Wow, you must be a very heavy phone user to nearly kill the phone twice over in a day. What are you using? tiktok, youtube, facebook? 

Hi @theguy3 

What is your usage pattern (what is a typical day usage?)

What does the battery app say? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I do use YouTube quite a bit during the day but I'm using it the same way as I did with the A70 and A71 and that never needed charging during the middle of the day. I was wondering if the battery for S21 was worse than the A70/A71 although I was under the impression that the S Series is supposed to be better 

Typically I spend a lot of the day playing YouTube videos on and off in the background but I used to do this with the A70 and A71 and didn't have these issues. In fact I briefly had the A12 and used it the same way and despite that phone's shortcomings, the battery was never an issue. I also find just scrolling Twitter the morning with this phone, I lose about 5% in 15 mins

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @theguy3,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you tried reducing your screen brightness to see if that helps with your battery usage?

James

I have, turned off adaptive brightness and put it to a low setting. Tbh I'm starting to think the S21 is a joke of a phone with its awful battery life and my partner put it face down on a table and the screen as a couple of very noticeable scratches on it!