cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

S21 Ultra dropping signal

es02k
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, my phone is constantly dropping signal. My reception bars and network icons turn to a circle with a slash through it, shortly after it comes back on but it's constantly happening. It's extremely annoying as every call I make inevitably drops out. 

Things I've done so far : Replaced my SIM card

reset network settings

factory reset

Not sure what else I can do, any help would be most appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15

Hi I'm afraid the only thing that worked for me was getting a replacement. Tried everything under the sun including apps that lock me onto a certain network band etc but it still dropped so it was clearly a hardware problem in my case. I suggest you call ee, be prepared to be handed around a bit as they have to elevate the problem through various teams. Long and painful but eventually you'll get through to someone that will sort out the replacement. Make sure they make notes on the account because if like me the call drops when your talking to ee you will have to go through it all again. I was an early adopter so maybe the first batch of these was bad, the new phone doesn't have any problems.... Yet, fingers crossed. Good luck.

Thanks for replying. Mine is an unbranded day 1 release direct from Samsung so I've just logged a warranty claim with them to fix the obvious hardware issue.

Glad the new one is working fine. Finger crossed the same goes for me. 

I'm having similar problems with my S21 Ultra too. Signal bar intermittently turns into a circle with a cross in the middle which practically renders my signal useless. Called up EE a few times about it now (since it started a few weeks ago for me too) but they can't help until I have proof of signal dropouts within the next 72 hours. Which is almost impossible to prove (unless I take screen recordings of it happening?).

I just really hope it isn't a hardware issue as my phone is second-hand bought (but was still brand new) from Samsung and I know how picky they are about proof of purchase (which shouldn't even be an issue realistically as the phone isn't even a year old).

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Cactusking.

Welcome to the community.

Are they asking for examples of dropouts?

If so, all you'll need to provide is the date/time, the postcode you're in and what happened.

They'll usually need at least three examples of this.

Jon

There appears to be an issue which needs to be resolved. I am suffering from this issue since there have been some EE technical 5G upgrades which took place few weeks ago (had a text notification from EE)

I now get 5G at home (was 4G previously) but anytime I'm mobile, I get the same signal drop out and round circle making the phone completely un-usable.

Here is what I have done so far.

1) soft reset my S21 Ultra (advised by EE colleague)

2) reset network settings

3) set default APN settings

4) hard reset

5) got Samsung to look at the device at their store 3 times (phone is 10 months old) no issues found

6) took a replacement sim card from store

The issue still persists.

If another network simcard is used in the phone it works fine.

So after going through this for the past 6 weeks and not getting anywhere it's getting a bit frustrating. I am not able to use my phone in some areas, unable to pay for petrol etc.

I suspect the APN settings need to be looked at by EE or something else to get this working.. I'm sure there are other users who have the same issue.. the phone was working fine for the past 10 months and only started after some changes were made in Glasgow area.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Scotcruz,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Please get in touch with Customer Care so our Tech Gurus can look into this issue for you.

They'll be happy to help.

James