cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Remove the ridiculous £50 spend limit on contracts in google games

Profile closed
Not applicable

Remove the ridiculous £50 spend limit on contracts in google games or stores. Its really sleazy when you can spend up to 290 on my contract but only in transactions under £50 it makes no sense. I can rack up 290 with 29 £10 purchases but not 5 £50 purchases. Its actually embarrassing your team made this stupid policy. Until its changed I wont spend another dime on my contract and when my contract is up I am gone

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed  You can change how you pay this instead of using your EE account.      And this limit is also there for a reason,  it’s stops people from running up a high bill,  more so it stops kids from run up a high bill. 

Profile closed
Not applicable

But this doesnt stop kids running up a large bill. They can still run up the same 290 per month bill through 40 pound transactions instead of 50+ so yeah your point is irrelevant really and its just a confusing typical ee policy

@Profile closed  Then change how you pay for these, you don’t have to use EE billing. 

Profile closed
Not applicable

yet that isn't actually resolving anything. Simply telling the customer to use a different form of payment isnt fixing this issue but rather hiding it away. I could pay other ways thats not my point. The point is that EE will charge up to 290 per month through 10 poind transactions for example. Yet i cant make a single 50 plus pound purchase on its own. It makes absolutely no sense what so ever. Telling me to pay another way is basically admitted its stupid so try a better way. Really confusing and a backwards direction step for EE

@Profile closed   It’s not admitting there is a fault I am informing you of another option that you can use.   Just because you want to spend over the £50 limit and you can’t doesn’t mean it has to be changed just for you because your not happy with it. 

Profile closed
Not applicable

Its really not a case of changing this for me. It just doesnt make sense when your argument to the point is it stops kids making big bills when they are still able to make the same bill but with the smaller transactions. Due to this not making sense there must be a much better reason behind it. They could be purchasing 49.99 products instead for example. Thats where there is fault. Besides im sure out of all the people using EE i wouldnt be the only person who would consider a purchase over £50, there should be the option to change this at least as it is the customers account afterall. Getting salty with me about it isnt going to convince me it makes sense.. 

Profile closed
Not applicable

Any updates on this poorly thought out policy? I have had people i know mention this aswel and yet we dont have an explanation why this poor policy still exists. Im all up for capping bills incase a bill is made big by accident for whatever reason but when the policy ive mentioned is based on not racking up huge bills it doesnt make any sense. Whatever made the bill 300 for example using micro transactions of 50 pound and under can still make the same bill of 300 using 50 pound and over, so it doesnt make sense why one is capped at 50. There must be a better reason behind this that what has be provided. 

@Profile closed  Nothing stopping you from changing the payment method.