cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Google jibe

Miserableget
Investigator
Investigator

Pleeeeeease, someone, anyone, tell me how to disable the ridiculous spam from google. I don't want to use your effing chat. No, I haven't changed my mind since you last asked me literally 2 minutes ago.

Read more

Screenshot_20210823-104440_Google Play services.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frazzled
Investigator
Investigator

I'm having the exact same issue here. It's not going away despite selecting continue without chat pops up every few minutes even during calls! 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Did you choose the 'Use without chat features' button, @Miserableget?

Does it just pop up randomly when you're browsing the internet? Or using other specific apps?

Chris

Frazzled
Investigator
Investigator

I'm having the exact same issue here. It's not going away despite selecting continue without chat pops up every few minutes even during calls! 

Leanne_T

Hi @Frazzled

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Which phone do you have? 

Are you using a third party app to make calls when this message shows? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

I have the galaxy s20, no 3rd party app being used for calls, it pops up on everything! 

Leanne_T

Thanks @Frazzled

Have you tried the suggestions on the Samsung Community here?

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

It is asking  you to turn on RCS. This isn't spam or any sort of virus. It's just a chat feature.

It is like iMessage on iPhones. The texts are free to other RCS users. (Not Android to Apple though)

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Sorry Brendan, when a pop up message insisting you accept google chat features apppears literslly every time you pick the phone up, that is spamming. Whether you think it's useful is neither here nor there. I say no, and again i get the message ad infinitum.  I wouldn't be surprised if that was even an illegal practice, as it's unsolicited.  Thankfully i found a way to stop it, once the option to turn off eventually appeared in settings.

Go to messages (original app in samsung) then settings, after some time a new option appears at top "chat settings" go in here, find thr same effing stupid question, say no again (for the one millionth time this week), but this time, they actually believe you've no interest in letting Google know every detail about you.

Constantly... every time i picked phone up.. for days, getting every more frequent. Now resolved.