cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: White list a number

alanprice2010
Investigator
Investigator

Can someone help me please? I got a new EE sim and topped it up 7 hours ago. It wasn’t working to make any calls or texts and still isn’t. I contact EE at an expense from another phone and was told 2 hours it would work. Still nothing. No calls connecting no data working etc 😩 no phone to call EE and cannot link to an agent online 😩

11 REPLIES 11
alanprice2010
Investigator
Investigator

Can someone help me please? I got a new EE sim and topped it up 7 hours ago. It wasn’t working to make any calls or texts and still isn’t. I contact EE at an expense from another phone and was told 2 hours it would work. Still nothing. No calls connecting no data working etc 😩 no phone to call EE and cannot link to an agent online 😩

alanprice2010
Investigator
Investigator

@alanprice2010 : PAYG SIMs don't need activating as long as you are in UK.

What does texting AL to 150 from it fully report verbatim (it is free)?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
I am in Jersey but can use EE there normally and the helpline said it was ok and will work?

Kind Regards
Alan Price
Sent from my iPhone

Jersey is not in UK. Did you use that PAYG SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad? EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network. If it wasn't you can't now use it until you return to UK.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
This isn’t what i was told by the advisor on the phone. How do i submit a prompt complaint?

Kind Regards
Alan Price
Sent from my iPhone

You can make a formal complaint to EE & if you don't get satisfaction after 8 weeks you can take it to EE's ADR provider. See Complaints code of practice and here is the Complaints Form at the foot of the page.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @alanprice2010

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Are you still experiencing this today?

Katie.

Hi Katie. Yes 😞 when I make any call it just says calls to this number are barred. Nothing works. Can’t even call 150 to het help. Topped up yesterday and have credit i cannot use.