cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: Cancellation

Mohawklez86
Explorer

I received an email stating my broadband contract will end on the 18th December. I have arranged to start a new contract with another ISP, which they currently state may start around the 22nd December. 
my question is three fold: 

1) will the new ISP take care of everything (ie- I don’t need to contact EE directly?)

2) will I be without Internet between the 18th and 22nd as this is in no way ideal?

3) EE are not going to charge me for anything after the 18th are they (the new contract if I had stayed with EE was going to go up considerably) 

thanks 

Louisa 

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mohawklez86 : First of all. bear in mind that these BB contracts don't just end, just the min. term expires. They are not fixed term contracts. After the min. term they just carry on at the non-discounted price on a rolling 14-days' notice basis until you explicitly migrate, cancel or upgrade. So your EE BB contract will not necessarily end on the 18th.

1. Yes, unless you are migrating to Virgin Media.
  2. No, the switchover should happen just on the 22nd itself over a matter of mins to hours depending on what type of BB you are moving between. What BB package are you on now & what are you moving to?
  3. EE will only charge you until when you switch to the new ISP. You should be paying for BB every day to either EE or the new ISP but not both at the same time.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

So the EE bill has come out today for £31 which means they are charging me for the whole month? Even though I’ve had emails off plusnet saying they’ve sent the router out which surely means they have been in touch wi the EE to sort out the switchover?  So now presumably EE will owe me money as today is the 18th and I’m meant to be with plusnet from the 22nd? (I had the 36mb/s package for £24 which is now £32 and I can get quicker speeds for less price at plusnet hence the switch) 

What do I do as a customer now? As I thought the providers sorted it between themselves? 
louisa 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mohaeklez86

Thanks for coming here 🙂

You can find details on the final bill in our When will I receive my home broadband bill? Help page. 

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

@Mohawklez86  in common with other service providers your bills continue as normal until after you leave. As you pay in advance, your final bill should be with you within 21 days (I believe, it may be a little longer) and will include any refunds for extra days you have paid. 

Your latest bill is higher as you have completed the minimum term and have gone on to the standard rates. Had you given the Broadband support team a call, you would probably have got a better rate, even matching the PN rate perhaps, and not had to move.

For what it is worth, I have found the EE Broadband team very supportive when contracts come to an end.